Caleffi 548097A 1 1/4" Hydro Separator
Caleffi 548097A Hydro Separator 1 1/4" NPT
Products for solar applications
The Caleffi 548 series hydraulic separator creates a zone with a low pressure loss, which enables connected primary and secondary circuits to be hydraulically independent of each other; the flow in one circuit does not create or interrupt flow in another. Hydraulically decoupling primary and secondary circuits eliminates pump conflict. This device includes an automatic high-capacity air vent with service valve to discharge accumulated air within the circuits
• Performance Suitable fluids: water and non-hazardous glycol solution up to 50%
• Max. operating pressure: 150 psi (10 bar)
• Working temperature range with insulation: 32–210°F (0–100°C)
• Working temperature range without insulation: 32–250°F (0–120°C)
Three possible hydraulic balance situations:
Sweat union connections Materials
• body: epoxy resin painted steel
• internal baffle 300 series stainless steel
• air vent body: brass
• shut off and drain valve body: brass
• union nuts: cast iron
• main: 1",1-¼",1-½", 2" NPT female with unions 1",1-¼",1-½", 2" sweat with unions 1",1-¼",1-½", 2" press with unions
• thermo well tap: ½" straight thread female
• lay length (press connections) size 1 inch: 9" size 1-¼ inch: 9-¾" size 1-½ inch: 11-¼" size 2 inch: 12-¾"
• drain valve: ¾" garden hose thread
Technical specifications of insulation Materials:
• double density closed cell expanded PEX Thickness: ¾" (20 mm) Density:
• internal part: 2 lb/ft3(30 kg/m3)
• external part: 3.1 lb/ft3(50 kg/m3)
• Thermal conductivity:
32°F (0°C): 9 BTU.in/hr.ft2.°F (0.038 W/(m.K)
-40°F (-40°C): 11 BTU.in/hr.ft2.°F (0.045 W/(m.K)
• Coefficient of resistance to the diffusion of vapor: >1,300 Temperature range: 32–210°F (0–100°C) Reaction to fire
• (DIN4102): class B 2
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase, if you are not, ship it back to us in the original packaging condition and we will refund your purchase less a 10% restocking fee, provided the equipment is received in good condition. Refund offer valid for 30 days from receipt of product.
We feel that being honest is a much better policy to win your trust rather than trying to lure you with nearly impossible statements such as lifetime warranty. Nothing lasts forever! Our warranty policy is simple; we offer a 3 year warranty on everything we sell and 10 years on our collectors. With this warranty you will get NO hassle next business day replacement (if shipping service and inventory permits). However, as a valued customer you will get technical support through the lifetime ownership of your product. Our Collector do carry longer warranties 10 years from the manufacture. The warranty cover failures that occur during normal operational conditions or manufactures defects. It does not cover failure due to inappropriate operation such as freezing or over heat. Damage caused by vandalism, storms, floods etc. Your household insurance should be modified to cover the system from such situations.
We accept PayPal and Credit card (Visa or Mastercard). If you are ordering multiple units and part, please call us to see if we can save you shipping cost for multiple item orders.
For complete solar kits please allow 2-3 weeks delivery. These kits are shipped via our preferred freight forwarder company and where possible we will schedule residential tailgate delivery (curbside). Heaters and accessories are usually in stock unless indicated otherwise. We do have expedited shipping services available for an additional fee. Please call us if you need a rush order. Once your order has been shipped you will be contacted via email and a tracking number will be provided.